Thursday, February 7, 2008

Jared's Big News


Jared came home from school yesterday with big news. Steven went out and got him off the bus. As the bus was leaving some kids were waving out the window. Jared pointed to a girl with blond hair and a pink coat and said "That's my girlfriend!" Well, Steven was shocked and told Jared to go inside and tell Mommy. So, Jared came inside and told me, "Mom, the girl in the pink coat, She's my girlfriend." Well, I was completely shocked and overwhelmed. I didn't know what to do. I am not even sure he knows what a girlfriend is. So I tried to tell him that he has friends, and they can be girls, but he doesn't have a girlfriend. But, he told me that she liked him and he like her. So today I made sure that I was outside when the bus came home and I saw the girl and she is around his age. I decided that they are just friends. I guess this is what happens when kids grow up. I just didn't think it would happen so soon!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I can't believe you are still doing visiting teaching...I got a kick out of that. Sam hasn't done the girlfriend thing, he couldn't care although there is a girl in his class who has "chosen" Sam to be "hers" I guess. funny little ones.

Sarah said...

Trina announced yesterday that she has a boyfriend too. Silly kids.

Matt & Melissa said...

It was good to hear from you. It's fun to see how much older your kids are getting.