I am always glad to come home to a happy Daddy and a happy daughter, but it's the other thing that I saw that gave me the surprise of my life. If you didn't catch it, look at the next picture:
That's right. Steven had taken Rachel to the mall and gotten her ears pierced! I was very surprised. He hadn't mentioned that he was going to do this. It wasn't as if we hadn't talked about it. The other day Rachel found some of my jewelry and she wanted to wear it. I told her that she needed to get her ears pierced before she could wear my earrings. I asked her if she wanted them pierced and she said yes. Then we went and told Steven because I thought that it was funny. But, I never imagined that he would go and do it today, while I was gone, without really getting my permission. But, she was happy and he was happy and I wasn't really unhappy that I didn't have to go and watch her get them pierced. So, I guess in the end it was just a really big surprise.
And finally, later today, Steven decided to give Jared and himself haircuts. Well, Rachel wanted her head shaved, too. NO WAY was I letting Rachel get buzzed, so I told her I would give her a haircut, only intending to cut a few little hairs. Well, a few hairs turned into a lot and by the time I was done, this is what she looked like. Pretty cute, if you ask me, even though now we have to do the whole growing it out thing again.



9 comments:
Very cute! Wow! I didn't get to have my ears pierced until I was 8, and now I don't wear earings. I hope she enjoys a new hole in her ears. I think it looks cool!
Love the new look! Pierced ears and a new haircut! Very cute. I'm not sure how I would feel if Marc did that. I am a bit of a control freak about some things!
Wow. Erik would hear it if I came home to a pierced child. Around my eighth birthday I accompanied my mom to the mall to go through this rite of passage and we assumed (correctly) that my dad would not notice/care.
What a cute little girl! We are making Trina earn her pierced ears, & it will be the same for my other girls. She has to get good grades in school, & not cheat for the whole school year to get them pierced. She lost the chance last year, because she cheated on a test.
She looks adorable! You are so brave to cut her hair, I hate even trimming Kiersten's bangs! As for the ear piercing, I'd probably complement Kiersten (I do think little girls are pretty stinkin' cute with pierced ears) but I'm not sure I would be very kind once I had moment alone with Kurt...
Good thing Steven didn't put the shaver to her head while you were gone. She does look cute with those earrings. Very girlie.
I have done that haircut before. Yes, the one where it is only suppose to be a trim but turns into half the hair being gone. I think it looks very cute though. Especially with the little curl at the the end.
Love the earrings and the new haircut. SO cute!
ears pierced? wow. I had to wait until I was 12. The haircut is so cute, you did a great job.
Post a Comment