Monday, March 3, 2008

Beware Weak Stomachs!

We definitely had an interesting day yesterday. We all got up and got ready for church as usual. We were a little late leaving, but were still on time when we arrived. Church starts and the kids are being pretty good. This is where it all went wrong! Andrew was sitting on my lap and we had just taken the bread during the sacrament when he starts going "Uh...Uh...Uh..." I asked him what was wrong when I saw the runny saliva start to run down his chin. I said "Are you going to throw up, Andrew?!!" After which he did just that. He heaved several times right onto my chest, lap, and arms, and allover himself as well. I was in shock. What should I do? I had Steven hand me my sweater, which I placed over the biggest part of the mess and picked him up and walked out to the foyer. Steven followed and we decided that he would drive Andrew, Lindsay, and me home and then go back for the rest of church. Jared and Rachel stayed with the Felts--Thanks Jon and Keriann! I had Steven snap this quick photo so all could see how disgusting this was. Here is the best part: after we were all cleaned up, Andrew felt fine and didn't throw up the rest of the day and wanted to eat again about an hour later. The joys of children!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

dockters said...

Oh my Sherri...that is A LOT of throw up!! I didn't even realize all of this was going on at church! What a memory this will be!! Glad to hear that Andrew is feeling better!

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

Ewww! haha, I'm sorry Sherri! At least we still love them right?

Keriann said...

I'm really glad Andrew is feeling better. I didn't know what to do either. I pulled Rachel away. I hope that helped. She was very concerned about Andrew the rest of sacrament meeting. I'm really glad Jon and I were there to help, too. I felt horrible!

Megan Muir said...

SHERRI!!!! I am so suprised that you put that pic on there! that is disgusting! Mom and Dad were so suprised though! Mom said i can't believe that she would put that on there!!!!!!!haha but hope he is doing better!

Courtni said...

Isn't it always in public that fun things like that happen? I think that taking pictures of things like that is a mom thing...there are some things that only a picture can capture!

Kent and Leisy said...

I'll be honest, I watched it all happen! and I was quite impressed with two things; first, his ability to throw up so much, so quietly, and second, your ability to remain so calm while it was happening! I think that I would have burst into tears on the spot! I guess being a parent just teaches you to laugh, huh?! oh, and I forgot to tell you, I love the enrichment invitations!! great job!