Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I Should Have Been An Auto Mechanic



Jared and Andrew had dentist appointments this morning at 9:00. I was a bit rushed getting everyone ready and out the door, but managed to have everyone strapped into the car by about 8:55, which was fine because the dentist's office is only half a mile from our house. I turn the key in the ignition and nothing. I turn the key again: still nothing. I'm perplexed. Doesn't the car usually start when you turn the key? I turn the key again. Nothing. Not a sound. The battery is completely dead! Okay. . . what do I do now? I don't really know any of the neighbors, so asking them for help wasn't going to work. Everyone I do know lives too far away to help at this moment. Steven has taken the van to school and is in the gym working out, so there is not much that he can do. I finally decided to call the dentist and see what they said. Fortunately for me, they were very nice and rescheduled for later this afternoon when Steven will be home. So, I unstrap all the kids and take them back inside. We will reattempt our dentist trip this afternoon--and hopefully get the battery charged or replaced before our next round of dentist appointments tomorrow--Rachel and I have appointments tomorrow afternoon!

5 comments:

Megan Muir said...

I'm so sorry that stinks really bad! At least the dentist could reschedule!

Keriann said...

I hate car troubles.I'm glad everything worked out. You know I did have the car yesterday. Too bad you didn't know and I didn't know you needed help. Oh well. That is how life goes sometimes. Good luck with dentist today.

dockters said...

did you get your car working today?? hopefully!!! car problems are terrible!

Sarah said...

I hate it when stuff like that happens. Hope you got it fixed. Be grateful that the dentist doesn't charge for reschedules, some do that!

Beth said...

I hope your trips to the dentist were uneventful after the morning you had!