Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Doctors Visit

Today I had Andrew in to see the doctor for his Kindergarten shots. He was so brave he didn't even cry when they gave him the shots. He was so proud of himself afterwards. It helped that he got Spiderman bandaids, a new toy car, and a batman sticker. Our doctor treats us good when we get poked!
I decided to get Lindsay seen as well, because she woke up yesterday morning covered in hives. Normally I don't worry too much about a rash because they tend to go away as quickly as they appear. But it got worse as the day went on and spread over her whole body. When she woke up this morning, still covered, I decided the doctor better take a look. He gave us some medicine and hopefully the hives will be gone in a day or two. The picture doesn't really do it justice, and her clothes cover most of the rash. At least they aren't itchy or painful!

9 comments:

dockters said...

I'm impressed that they both mustered smiles for pictures! It was good to chat with you today!

Outlandish McCandlish said...

Brave Andrew and poor red Lindsey. BTW I would be willing to come down and watch the kids if there are any field trips you want to attend.

Kent and Leisy said...

she looks adorable even amidst the crazy hives/rashes!

Courtni said...

oh my goodness, do they know what caused those hives? poor girl!

and you have a kid going to kindergarten? that is crazy!

Jon said...

I was covered in hives on Sunday as well. I think it's the poplars or oak...

Hurray for good drugs to get rid of hives!

Beth said...

What brave kiddos! I agree with Leisy - adorable!

Shelly and Ken said...

Poor little girl. Any ideas what may have caused it?

tiki_lady said...

what a big brave boy he was and those hives, there is just one word OUCH! I'm glad they aren't bothersome to her.

Megan Muir said...

Oh my goodness i didn't think that it was that bad! That stinks! Andrew was so brave tell him how proud i am of him!