Friday, May 29, 2009
Time Out for Women
I had soooo much fun at Time Out for Women! Steven's mom arranged the whole thing. She flew in his sister, Melinda, from Atlanta, and her friend Zesta from home came, too. They drove down from Michigan and picked me up and then on we went to Cincinnati. Here is one of Melinda and me in the car on the ride down.
And here is Mom and Zesta in the front.
We stopped just outside of Cincinnati for some famous Skyline Cincinatti Chili. It is Spaghetti on the bottom, then chili(with or without beans and onions) and a whole lot of cheese on top. It was very good.
We stayed at the Radisson, which is the tall, round hotel right by the bridge as you cross over into Kentucky.
Here we are on the balcony of our hotel room.
Here is a picture of Melinda and me all ready to go. We are pleased as punch to have a reason to dress up and go out! I even wore white, knowing that it would be clean at the end of the night.
And here is the fabulous view of the city.
My camera didn't get any great pictures of the speakers at TOFW. We were too far back and my camera is not the best. Here is one of all the Saturday presenters doing a Q&A session. It is actually a picture of the big screen that was more in our view. Did I mention that there were 1400 women there???
On Saturday at lunch there were so many women wanting to eat and so few places in walking distance that we ended up eating lunch at the bar of a Cafe. It was my first time, and also the first time of the other ladies there, to actually sit at a bar that served alcohol. I think the bar tender didn't know what to think of all these women coming to eat and not ordering anything to drink. The food was excellent!
And finally, here is one of me loving the time to sit and listen and be uplifted. It is not often that I get to go and listen to a whole talk without little voices demanding my attention. I had a GREAT vacation!
And just a quick thank you to Steven for taking such good care of our kids while I was gone. You really are a terrific Dad and husband. Love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
That sounds amazing!! I bet it was so great to get a break from the kids and be spiritually lifted.
I actually know what hotel you are talking about! The Kentucky side is definitely the better choice to stay on when you are that close to Cincy. I love the view of the hillside with homes, right as you cross the bridge in Kentucky- so pretty!
That is great. TOFW is so uplifting. I am so-o glad you could wear white...really I know where you are coming from there and that you could actually listen in peace. Great for you! Glad you could have fun and be Sherri instead of Mom, Mom, MOM!! for a little bit.
That sounds fantastic. I have always wanted to go to TOFW. How neat that you got a weekend away.
I was hoping you'd post some pics from your trip! It sounds like such a nice getaway! I'm glad you got a break! You deserved it! Looks like a good time.
I've been wanting to try that famous chili! it looks like you had a great time- and you deserved every second of it :)
Sherri, Sherri, Sherri! What's going on? Trying to sneak that widget by me. Elisa and I saw it last night! So, are you or are you not pregnant? I need details, girl!
That must have been so fun. We need breaks every now and then. So fun! Your girls' hair is so cute!
How fun! What a great mother-in-law to arrange a weekend getaway. I love skyline chili. Yum!
Sounds like you had fun! I am glad i was able to see some of the pictures! You talked so much about all of it! Looks fun!
Post a Comment