Well, flu shots went better than expected. There were a few tears, but no screaming tantrums. I had to go first and show the kids how to be brave. Jared went next and cried only for a few seconds. Then he was happy to pick out a toy from the box where they keep the prizes for getting shots. That made everyone a little happier about shots. Andrew didn't cry at all. Rachel cried pretty loud for a few seconds. Lindsay was unhappy for about a minute after. Poor Lindsay has to go back in 4 weeks for the 2nd dose of her shot. Today Jared is all smiles because he is done with shots, forever! (According to him)Thursday, October 15, 2009
Flu Shot Update
Well, flu shots went better than expected. There were a few tears, but no screaming tantrums. I had to go first and show the kids how to be brave. Jared went next and cried only for a few seconds. Then he was happy to pick out a toy from the box where they keep the prizes for getting shots. That made everyone a little happier about shots. Andrew didn't cry at all. Rachel cried pretty loud for a few seconds. Lindsay was unhappy for about a minute after. Poor Lindsay has to go back in 4 weeks for the 2nd dose of her shot. Today Jared is all smiles because he is done with shots, forever! (According to him)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
that is a really cute picture of jared!! and I am glad that you posted an update - just tonight I was wondering how everything went.
Way to be brave, Jared!
It's always a relief when things go better than expected!
glad it went okay...shots are no fun!
I'm glad I'm done with shots forever, too! =)
We are going on Saturday and are considering bribery so we don't have to physically hold them down! Glad it went well for you!
Post a Comment