




We made it to Utah! It only took us 24 1/2 hours, which is the best time we have ever made! The kids were great. For part of the trip I had Jared, Andrew, and Rachel all in the back seat and I sat in the middle seat with Lindsay. This worked out well because she was happy to have mommy sit beside her and play. Steven and I took turns driving. We ended up driving pretty much equal shares. I did most of mine during the day, while Steven did most of the night and early morning driving. Jared watched movies ALL day and then slept all night. We took a lot of food to snack on so we didn't have to stop and eat. Steven and I listened to a book part of the time, which made the trip go by much faster. The worst part of the trip was the very last hour when Lindsay got carsick and threw up a few times. We were happy to finally arrive in Vernal! Even with the kids being outstanding, I am very glad that we only make this trip once a year!


5 comments:
You guys are troopers to do that road trip to Utah...and with a car full of kids. Amazing. Have a great time on a well-deserved time off!
Wow! I can see why you only do it once a year. And I thought 14 hours to Southern California was bad!
Wow, amazing! I don't think I'd ever want to be in the car that long, you guys are truly brave.
The picture of Steven with his earphones in is so much like Marc. Listening to whatever, completely oblivious of the chaos behind him!
You know Mr. Incredible and I did a lot of our driving this way as well. 17 hours just to go to a family reunion only to turn around and do it 3 days later. It's worth it though. It looks like you are training your children to enjoy car rides as well.
Post a Comment