Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Dentist

So I made the mistake of making all my children dentist appointments on the same day. I also made the mistake of scheduling them on a day when Steven had to be at school. So, I ended up taking all four children to the dentist together. It was Rachel's first visit and she did great, while it was her turn, anyway. As soon as it was the other kids turns she had to go potty. This was after she had already gone potty 3 times in the 30 minutes we had been there. She ended up peeing in her pants and then throwing a HUGE tantrum when I put a dress on her, which was the only not peed on clothing that I had with me. She continued to cry and whine the rest of the visit. Andrew had been to the dentist before, although a different dentist since we had to switch dentists for insurance purposes. He was also great when it was his turn, though VERY talkative. And you know when Andrew talks he only has one volume: LOUD. So he was across the hallway in a different room and I could clearly hear every word he said. He also continued to talk the rest of the trip, same volume level, and refused to sit still in the chair. Jared was pretty good the whole visit, although he also had ants in his pants. He had to get x-rays, the first time ever, and was extremely nervous! He was waiting for them to pull out a needle and give him a shot. This has got to be one of his biggest fears. But they never did, so it ended up being an okay trip to the dentist for him. All in all, the kids teeth were pretty clean and no one had cavities, although Jared has a few spots that need to be watched.

Lindsay is too little to see the dentist (Thank You!) and was also pretty good until the end where she HAD to get down and play with the other kids who were running around wildly!

I am SOOOOO glad we only have to do this every 6 months, although next time I will plan better and send one or two children with one of the adults. Divide and conquer!

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Wow Sherri! Very brave of you! Why do they say taking all of your kids on the same day is the way to go. I don't know, I will never do it. But hey, at least it's all done for the next six months, right?

Bethany said...

Note to self: Never schedule all of my kids appointments on the same day if Brandon can't come. Thanks for the tip!

Last time we went to the dentist the had inadvertently scheduled Brandon and I for the same time. That was interesting.

dockters said...

Holy cow! I'm very impressed that you all survived your trip to the dentist! That sounds so busy. You've got to be one of the most patient women I know! :)

Sarah said...

Yeah that is a tough thing. Congrats on surviving it!

brittani c. said...

Sherri, you always amaze me. Scheduling mistake or not, taking 4 kids to the dentist does not sound like something I would be capable of doing. Next time it's Steven's turn, right?

Emilee said...

Oh my, you brave soul. I'm impressed you survived that trip.

Megan Muir said...

Ha ha ha!!!! That sounds like you had a busy busy day!!! I love the pictures! Awesome!!!