Monday, August 9, 2010

First Day of School

One of the downsides of moving to Georgia is that school here starts REALLY EARLY. Today was the first day of school for Jared and Andrew. Jared is in 3rd grade now and Andrew is in 1st grade. Another downside is that school starts at 8:00, which means that the boys have to get on the bus at 6:50 a.m.!!! Yikes! That is early for us! So this morning my alarm went off at 5:45 and by the time I realized what it was, it had turned off. So I set the alarm for 5:50 because I like to snooze for a few minutes. Well, the next thing I know it is 6:30! I jumped out of bed, woke up the boys, made some toast, and we were on our way to the bus. We made it! Hopefully tomorrow we won't be so rushed. On a positive note, the boys get to wear whatever they want to school. They love that!
Landon came along to help see the boys off. He was good company!
The boys getting on the bus. You can't see them well, but they are on the stairs.
Andrew showing off his new backpack! Looking good!
Jared's new backpack. Also, check out the clothes. He LOVES long sleeve shirts! I keep telling him that it is too hot for those clothes, but he doesn't care. :)

Two happy boys ready for their first day of school!

4 comments:

dockters said...

6:50 AM!?!?!?!? Ahhhh! That is early!! I can't believe you're already back into the swing of school. And Landon looks so grown up! Good luck adjusting to all of this back to school stuff!!

ahewitson said...

Wow, your boys are so grown up! I can't believe it.

Kent and Leisy said...

your kiddos already look so much older then when you left toledo! your mornings starting that early are just prepping you for the years of seminary to come :) you'll think 6:50 is sleeping in! thanks for the comment on my blog. I miss your vt visits, too sherri! you were the best vt I've ever (and prob will ever) have!

Cynthia said...

yay for updates!! I think kids starting school in early August is a good thing! but the 6:50 bus time, definitely not so good!