Thursday, March 18, 2010

We Matched with Floyd Medical Center in Rome, Georgia!

Today was a perfect day full of perfect news and we are so glad we got to share it with our friends! Here are a few pictures of Match Day at UTCOM!
Steven with his letter and the Curtis' reading theirs and finding out where they were going.
Lindsay and Eric Dockter right after they found out where they were going. Lindsay had the best expression on her face when they read their letter!
The mad dash of students rushing to grab their letters. Unfortunately we sat on the wrong side of the room and Steven had a long walk to get his. I gave him strict orders not to open it until he got back to the table!
This is what a Match Day letter looks like. I was so excited I shouted with joy! (The picture will come at a future date after I get it from Lindsay!)
Andrew, Eric, Steven and Stephen all sat together their first two years and here they are reunited again! So much fun!
Here is Steven's letter on the table waiting for him to open it. Yay!


11 comments:

Courtni said...

congratulations!!! how exciting...i remember my sister and brother-in-law doing that a year ago today. what a fun day and such a relief to know where you will be doing residency.

brittani c. said...

Such a fun (and exhausting) day! I'm glad we were able to celebrate with you guys. You captured some great candid pictures of all of us...photo taking is definitely not my strong point.

Kent and Leisy said...

I am so happy for you guys, sherri!! congrats again!

Cynthia said...

Congrats!!!
I saw the pictures on Lindsay's blog you you look fabulous!
I wish you the best in your next move!!

megan&steve said...

Congratulations! All of the anticipation and planning has come to an end!
We are waiting for our first duty station with the ARMY and want to start planning for that.

Julie Sacks said...

SSSOOOO excited for yall!! Warmer weather here you come!!!

dockters said...

Congrats to the Ziemers!!! How fun to be headed to Georgia!!! Yesterday was so fun!! I love your candid pics, too! It was great to all be together!

Lindsay said...

Congrats! So exciting! I was thinking about all of the Toledo 4th years yesterday. So fun!

The Favorite said...

Congratulations from all of us! So happy that you matched and know what the future will hold. Best wishes!
~Eliza

Renae said...

Congratulations! I love the expressions of everyone. What an exciting day for sure!! Go Georgia!

Keriann said...

Just wanted to say Congrats again! Also wanted to let you know there is a youtube video about match day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M2pzjh9xVg). It shows how excited you were. Jon got an email from the university with a story about the match and a link to this video.